Building Our Project
Step 1- Prototypes:
1. Design the Sensor Case on a 3-D printing program called TinkerCad.
2. Revise initial prototype through five different models, then print the final model.
3. Design the Arduino and battery case on TinkerCad, then print in the 3-D printer.
Step 2- Program and Code:
4. Wire the breadboard and connect to the Arduino circuit board.
5. Edit and upload code to the Arduino.
Step 3- Build Device:
6. Create the belt to hold the Arduino, battery and sensor in place. Then attach the Arduino and sensor to the belt.
7. Solder the wires from the Arduino so that the code is passed on to the sensor. Then cover the wires in a vinyl tubing to protect the wires from tangling.
Step 4- Test Device:
8. Once the device is completed, we set up a maze out of gym mats and test the echolocator!